Friday, October 07, 2005

I Refuse!!!

I refuse to give up

I refuse to give in

I refuse to indulge in sin


I refuse to laugh

I refuse to cry

I refuse to live a life so dry


I refuse to be happy

I refuse to be sad

I refuse to listen to my emotions ah so mad.


I refuse to be good

I refuse to be evil

I refuse to accept god or the devil


I refuse to share your plight

I refuse to hear your sigh

I refuse to take not which is mine


I refuse to live at war

I refuse to die at peace

I refuse to exist in eternal bliss


I refuse to face endless draughts

I refuse to live in knots

I refuse to accept apathy at my thoughts


I refuse life as it was

I refuse life as it is

I refuse life as it turns out to be!

5 comments:

kaps said...

And I refuse to read your poem
And I refuse to ignore your poem
But I would post comments ;)

her said...

Do you refuse to refuse?

Raoul said...

@ Lioness,,

How can I refuse to refuse? That wud only imply that I am accepting things the way they are. There r 2 sides to a coin - Acceptance n Refusal, n I think refusal to accept is the first step towards change. Anyways, I am no romantic, just a frustrated soul.

her said...

Refusal should not become a pattern..sometimes acceptance helps us recover! As far as the frustrated bit goes...accept it!

Raoul said...

I would still prefer indifference over acceptance. Not going all the way, but reaching till midway - i guess thats the philosophy most ppl implement, but it is probably my failure for not being able to do so. Idealist crap maybe, frustrated yes, defeated not yet. :D